Sunday, April 8, 2007

RIP Habs / Happy Easter!


My beloved habs were officially eliminated from the playoffs last night and my heart hurts. Such a devastating night! There's always next year :( At least the leafs were eliminated!
I am doing good aside from that. I've been telling more family about the surgery and actually got my first round of negativity, which was to be expected. My dad's parents got back from Florida (they spend all their winters there) last week and my dad and me went over to welcome them back. I knew they wouldn't be 100% supportive like everyone else has been, but it's important for me to be telling people. My grandparents are extremely conservative, have constantly been on my back about losing weight and being presentable, and I've always come back from their house in tears or feeling like absolute crap. My grandmother's first words when I told them I was having the surgery were "But Chantal, it's not hard to lose weight, I just lost 17lbs doing nothing!". GREAT. Of course they were most worried about the procedure, which is the thing I am worried the least about. It ended on that note, they want me to change my mind. Oh and they were angry that my parents would even let me consider this.
I must say, I've gotten good at blocking out the negative comments. I'm doing this, and I'm gonna rock it!
Happy Easter (I must admit, I am eating chocolate as I type. Gotta enjoy it while I can!)

No comments: