Monday, July 28, 2008

Helloooooo!

I've gotten the lovely messages from my being away for so long and I'm definitely back and in for the long run.
As you know, I moved out of my parent's house and into my own apartment in June. I had gained 7-10 lbs since the beginning of this year and really thought moving out would change all that since I would be the one responsible for groceries and such. I did really well in the beginning but began to fall off the wagon and in recent weeks I had noticed my pants and a lot of my clothing started to feel snugger than it had. I went shopping this weekend for work clothes and I had to go up a size in jeans. I broke down and bought a scale (after not having one in 2 months) and was absolutely horrified when I saw the number that came up. I stepped on and off 10 times probably just to make sure that the number was actually my current weight. My jaw literally dropped. I had the worst nasty feeling in my stomach.
I immediately went through my kitchen and threw out anything a post-op should not have. Surprisingly, I had lots of it. I just couldn't believe how I had let myself go.
Today is a new day. I started journaling. I'm going to the gym. I've started talking to others again about my operation because for a while there, I'd stopped telling people.

That's my update. I need to stay on top of this because I now know what happens when I don't. Shocking!

4 comments:

Susy said...

I've been checking on your blog almost everyday. Glad your back. I've missed you. I am proud of you for looking and not looking away anymore. I really believe for myself I can never look away again. I have to learn to say the words NO more than I say yes to tempting things. Take care of you!

Amber said...

I'm so glad you're back. I was wondering what happened to you! Now that you've acknowledged the slip up but it behind you and move forward. Make the right choices and look back at those before pictures to remind yourself of where you will NEVER go again! Take care and keep blogging.

morbidly obtuse said...

I started searching for WLS blogs yesterday, and I just wanted to say hi. I'm having a RNY on September 16th, so my weight loss blog will undoubtedly turn into a WLS blog itself.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and I'm looking forward to reading more!

Anonymous said...

This is the reality of WLS. That's why the bounceback happens - we let go of all those habits that kept us on the straight and narrow. It is no perfect ride by any means.

Do you have a support group in your area? I find that is a great resource. We all go through struggles.

Welcome back!

Dawn