Sunday, February 18, 2007

I will survive...

I went to bed way too late last night and ended up waking up at 1:30, with my highly anticipated first english support group meeting being at 2, I had to rush. I looked like crap, but I made it just in time! I was really happy to see a couple of familiar faces from the first french meeting, so that was nice. Global TV was there for about an hour, it was nice...a great way to have a first meeting with everyone introducing themselves. I was a lot more at ease today...it was like seminar'ish and much more interactive. The woman next to me and I spoke a lot throughout the meeting; her surgery is May 22nd, also with Dr Christou, and also at the private clinic. She was such a sweetheart, I have a feeling we'll become very close! It will be nice to have someone going through the same things as me, at the same time! I also met a gentleman who said he always made sure to send flowers and cards to whoever is having surgery. He was very nice...everyone was! I know I can do this now and I have a bunch of people, local people, to whom I can relate to. The post-ops looked amazing and really motivated me and I'm totally pumped now!

72 (yes, 72) days to go!

I'm on spring break and working at my dad's place all week, May 1st is coming fast!

No comments: