Saturday, April 21, 2007

10 days to go...


I am still hanging in there! Yesterday was pretty difficult, I didn't get all my water in, had a shish-taouk for lunch, soup and some mashed sweet potatoes for supper, and 2 somewhat protein shakes. I made a Carnation Instant Breakfast and added maybe 2 tablespoons of optifast and I could STILL taste the horrible stuff. And then at work, I had one of my gourmet whey peanut butter chocolate shakes. I don't know what 'full' feels like really, so I was still hungry for food after. I had nothing though, just stuck to my crystal light [sidenote, I used to hate crystal light, it was too sweet and just blurgh, but it has saved me this week..most of my daily water intake consists of peach ice tea, I love it!]. So I got home from work and was starving, I almost had a cookie, but didn't. Instead, I cut up some sweet potatoes and onions, roasted those in the oven and they were delicious..and then later on I had some vegetable soup. And that was it for the night. I wasn't hungry AND went to the movies without having candy/chocolate and feeling pretty good.
Today is off to a pretty good start too, had another CIB with a bit of optifast, I haven't had time to buy the soy milk yet, I doubt it'll make the optifast much tastier, we'll see I guess.
Single digit days tomorrow!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Good for you, at least you're trying. Hint...KoolAid with splenda is totally yummy! I love the grape! So, I have to ask, what is the point of this Optifast? I mean I know every doctor is different, but why do you have to take that? Like I said before I just couldn't eat after 6pm the night before surgery. Interested to hear what purpose the Optifast serves! :)

Susy said...

The Optifast is strange, but anyway my Dr just told me to eat easly digestible foods for 3-4 days pre-op. I was hungry, but had lots of soup, salad, fruit and such. Poor girl... Keep up the good work, 9 more days, you can do it. By the way, after reading about your closet I cleaned mine too. :) Susy