Friday, April 20, 2007

Cleanin' out my closet

I'm a bit late on my update today because a) new grey's episode tonight and b) I cleaned out my closet. After working at a high end plus-size clothing store for 2 years, I had sooo many dressy things I knew I wouldn't wear anymore, so I am giving them to my cousin who just graduated from university and is now a teacher. And, while cleaning out my closet, I found my skinny jeans. The jeans I got from Old Navy 4 years ago maybe...I was actually able to wear them for a couple of month, tonight I can't even get them past my thighs. Can't wait to be able to zip them up!
Aside from that, it was day 3 of my "liquid diet" but as previously mentioned, it isn't going well at all. And I really from the bottom of my heart appreciate the comments and messages I have gotten. I went out and bought Gourmet Whey protein today, I really love this stuff and recommend it. 23g of protein per scoop of power, 120 calories, 2g of fat, and 3g of sugar...I hope I still enjoy these post op! As for the Optifast, someone suggested I mix it with vanilla soy milk, I'm going to pick some up tomorrow and try it that way. Hope I can tolerate it like that, I don't even know what I'm going to do if I can't. I am still getting all my water in and am determined to start my walks soon.

That's my Thursday update...11 days to go!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Keep up the trial and error. It's amazing the things you can mix together to get your food in! Isn't cleaning out the closet the best. I got rid of like 18 pairs of pants and 20 tops. It was amazing!!! I'm in a 22 now (down from a 28) and the 22 is too big, but I'm too cheap to shop for new pants that won't last! Keep up the good work and just think less than 2 weeks.....WOW!!!

Anonymous said...

Do you *have* to do optifast? I think it is so archaic personally. Does your surgeon cancel surgery if you don't do liquids?

Dawn