Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Day 28: Protein, protein, protein, and more!

Boy I've got a lot to say in this entry. Today, on this 4 week anniversary of my surgery, I decided to go protein bar/water hunting. This is what I came up with:

I also found some pink lemonade Stacker 2 protein water with 30g of protein per bottle. I've heard mixed reviews about it, but hopefully it's something I can enjoy and benefit from.
I've tried all the protein bars, these are the only ones I found with reasonable amounts of carbs/sugar/fat too, some bars had 20g+ of sugar!
The Best - Proteins Express by Genuine Health. It was definitely the best tasting and has: 200 calories, 6g of fat, 24g of carbs, 6g of sugar, and 14g of protein per serving. It was also the cheapest of all the bars I bought at $2.49.
The Worst - Iso-Pro by Precision Sport Supplements. 2 words: Cardboard box. Plus is was HUGE. A massive bar I could never finish in a week. It has: 280 calories, 8g of fat, 26g of carbs, 2.5g of sugar, and 30g of protein. It just so happened to be the most expensive at $3.19.
As for the Atkins bars...let's just say I'm happy I decided not to buy a whole box! They were 'okay', the mocha flavoured one was very strong and almost made my eyes water...then brownie one was alright, but I think the mocha taste was embedded into my mouth. Those had: 230 calories, 9g of fat, 23g of carbs, 0g of sugar, and 20g of protein.
That was my protein bar experiment and I will try the protein water out tomorrow. I hope it does the trick!
Today was also my official weekly weigh-in and I am happy to report that I am down 3.5 lbs this week :) This bumps my total loss to 23.4 lbs!
Lastly, I got my act together yesterday and decided to keep track of my nutritional intake and without even knowing it, I got in 57g of protein yesterday, plus 556 calories. I thought that was pretty great for what I had in mind. I'm already at 54g for today, but there will be more before the day's end. I know it's not enough, but for now I think I'm doing pretty good considering. 70g here I come...
That's it for now.

1 comment:

Susy said...

I've been wanting to try the Adkins Bars too. I hear the good in taste and I see they have too amounts of all in them. Let me know about the water for sure. That's something I have not gave to much thought about, but that's a good idea. Protien water... hmm

Yeah for the 3.5 pounds! happy, happy! Have a good evening!

Susy