Sunday, September 30, 2007

Day 152: Pouch's first Thanksgiving

It may seem crazy, but Canadian Thanksgiving is next week! Since my parents are going on vacation, my dad's side of the family got together tonight. I loooooooove Thanksgiving food. Best food ever, right? I knew I'd face some sort of food dilemma...but I am happy to say that I did pretty darn good!

I had a small slice of turkey, a couple of bites of stuffing, a couple of bites of mashed potatoes, a baby carrot (or two), an asparagus, and some of my grandmother's famous broccoli casserole. I took my time eating it because I wanted to enjoy every bite. It seems like a lot of food, but alas it wasn't! I didn't over eat or feel like I was ready to die after dinner, I was very comfortable and satisfied. Very different from other Thanksgiving dinners. After dinner my grandmother took out the 4 (YES, 4, F-O-U-R) pies she had baked for the 8 of us. Now I wasn't anticipating having desert and I was full, no need to eat. I waited maybe 20 or 25 minutes and then decided to have a bit of fruit salad and 2 bites of apple crisp. Definitely worth every bite. Of course here we are 3 hours later, almost 11pm and I feel like my pouch is begging for food. Weird how it works sometimes.

Also, I bought a new iPod today since they were on sale and I desperately need music to work out. I'm hoping to start this "Couch to 5k" podcast this week. I don't have/can't afford the superstar running shoes I need right now, but it'll have to do! This week I also need to start checking out some gyms...or hope to at least.

That's it for tonight, happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: