Monday, October 8, 2007

Day 161


I had a fantastic food day. I need to review a product today because I am soooo in love with these it is not even funny. Genisoy soy crisps. I picked them up last night and gave them a try today. They are full of protein (well, 11g per 28 chips, so I can have 14 twice a day, good deal if you ask me), low in fat, carbs, and high in fiber. They smell really weird though so I was hesitant to try them, but wow! I can't wait to try the other flavours.
Aside from these, I made some french toast for breakfast. I had a slice and it was so good, I topped mine with some splenda, extra cinnamon, and of course SF syrup. I then spent hours in the kitchen making tomato sauce and then braising my lovely pork chops inside. This was so good, I wish I had taken a picture. And then tonight I decided I was craving something sweet, so I searched the web for some protein ball recipes. I hate protein powder and kind of dislike peanut butter, but I will try anything loaded with 10g of protein per tiny serving these days. I came across this site and found a protein ball recipe I could try out. I ended up combining elements from a bunch of recipes and got my lovely balls of protein. They are very sweet, but I think I can handle it. I just put them in he fridge and these and definitely things I can use if I need a protein boost/sweet snack. ***I do have a picture of my final product but blogger is being weird***
That's all for tonight...tomorrow is weigh-in Tuesday!

No comments: