Saturday, October 13, 2007

Day 165: Procrastination

I'm at the library and this has been the most unproductive library trip ever. I've had to make a to-do list just to get me through these next 2 weeks of school. Stupid mid-term time.

I had quite the wow-moment this morning. I had an appointment with the nurse for my B12 injection and as the nurse was looking over my chart, her jaw dropped. She turned to me and said "You had gastric bypass surgery!?" And I nodded, she asked me how much I had lost and I told her 85 lbs. I thought she was going to fall off her chair, she then said "You were 85 lbs heavier? I never would have guessed it. You look so normal!". NORMAL? ME? It's funny because my best friend was telling me last night that she doesn't even think of me as overweight anymore. Of course I didn't believe her, but 2 people in 12 hours have called me "normal" looking. I've always been fat, how can that be?

Also, I spoke to my dad last night about me needing cold weather clothes because I've got nothing and he said to get what I needed and he'd chip in if I needed it. I'm going to need some sort of a fall jacket and a winter coat which is stressing me out because I'm in between sizes right now. Not quite a 12, but a 14 is just too big.

Food for the day - I haven't eaten yet today, so that will TBD.

No comments: