Monday, December 3, 2007

Day 216 -100!

It was a weekend of milestones in Loserland! First of all, my scale had been acting weird all week so I hadn't weighed myself at all until yesterday. I had been stuck between 175 and 177 for what seemed like an eternity...and with finals just around the corner, I thought I could use a break from the scale for a couple of weeks. Yesterday afternoon I was telling my dad about how the scale was acting weird, so I jumped on and not only was it working (argh) but it marked 173.7. I was FLOORED. For me BMI to be considered overweight (as opposed to obese) I needed to get under 174 and I made it! For the first time in my life, I am no longer obese. I laughed, I cried, I jumped up and freaking down.
Aaaand this morning when I hopped on the scale, I was at 172.8. EXACTLY 100 lbs below my starting weight back in April. I have lost 100 pounds. I can't even wrap my mind around it. This is just the push to get me going again.
Last but not least, I got a new job on Friday! I really wasn't happy doing retail anymore, just wasn't my thing so I had been applying at a few places here and there, not really thinking anything. I got a call back on Thursday for a receptionist position at this private/exclusive squash club downtown. Very fancy shmancy. I didn't think I would get it because it isn't like I'm the model of perfect help. Who ever thought I of all people could get a job at a gym? Well I did get it! I start on Thursday. I'm so excited, I get a free membership at their sister club too!

All that excitement and I must start studying for finals!

No comments: