Monday, January 21, 2008

Day 265, part deux

I'm feeling better, I must admit. I'm sitting at work and there's no kids, so I'm doing homework and updating the blog.
I didn't do my regular protein shake this morning and boy does it make a difference. No gas = no worries. So I guess I'm lactose intolerant! I need to do some research and see how this is going to affect me. I made a bunch of arrangements this week to meet with the nutritionist, psychologist, and my doctor in the near future. I'd like to redo my bloodwork before I leave for vacation in a few weeks. Speaking of which, I also need to renew my passport!
Eating today is going well. I'm paying enormous amounts of attention to my hunger levels and feelings...as corny as it may sound. I had dinner at 5:30 and by 6:30 I was automatically reaching my protein bar. I wasn't even hungry! So instead, I'm sipping on my water and keeping my mind off of food for a change.

Here's what I've eaten today:

Breakfast - 1/2 cup of yogurt, a SFNF latte
Lunch - 1 baby cucumber (great way to temporarily 'fill up'. I sprinkled some salt and chili pepper on mine..weird duo, but yummy), 2 boneless chicken wings (these things have been calling my name since last night, not the best of choice...but I could have eaten 10 of them probably, or not), 1 south beach protein bar (had this on my walk to work)
Supper - 3oz steak (I ate this slowly since my pouch isn't the biggest fan of beef and it was fine), 1/3 cup steamed carrots and zucchini, 1/4 naked baked potato (I saved this for last because of the potential damage to my carb intake).
Snacks - I have my detour bar for later tonight, but may add SF hot chocolate or a SF pudding if I need to.

Totals - 854 calories, 19g of fat, 94g carbs, 75g protein!!!!

Faaaaaantastic :)

No comments: