Friday, February 15, 2008

Florida Day!

I'm officially in the sunshine state! I arrived last night after a long day of travel (which included being bumped up to first class from Montreal-Toronto). This was my second time flying (flew to NYC in late August) and like the last night, it was such a comfortable flight. I was even brave enough to go to the washroom on the plane which I was still afraid of last August. I did fit, yay!
As for eating on this big eventful day, I had some honey-mustard pretzel sticks on the first flight (was something like 80 calories, 2g of fat...nothing very filling or nutritious) and then I had my grapes which I brought from home. During my wait at the airport I had a large soy latte, 1/2 a 12-grain bagel, 1/2 chicken patty, and 2 slices of bacon. I must have eaten it too fast because I got some major foamies which I rarely get at all anymore. On the second flight I had my oatmeal cookies and soy crisps...and once I was settled at my grandparent's place I had some broccoli and a bit of shepard's pie.
This morning I woke up to amazing weather! It was almost 80 I think (no idea what that is in metric...but it was quite nice!). We went to do some outlet shopping and I got a bathing suit cover-up thing (size medium), a really cute dress (size 8), and 3 pairs of shoes. Shoes are my weakness! And tomorrow we're hitting flea markets I'm told.

The best shopping of all of course was grocery shopping. Grocery shopping in the States is so, so, so different. I picked up 4 containers of fage (which I learned today is pronounced fa-yeh, and not fad-ge), some genisoy soy nuts, some SB protein bars, some kozy shack puddings (they were 2/4$, when I paid 1 for 4.99 at home!), some Special k protein cereal, lots of fresh fruit. Some other stuff too but man I can't wait to have some of it!

Eating here is awesome too since my grandparents don't buy junk food. I used to hate visiting when I was a kid for that very reason. No sugar, no candy, no white bread. They have been indulging a bit more lately...but they're no where near as bad as my parents.

Breakfast - Special K vanilla & almonds, with my lactose-free skim, coffee
Lunch - Whole grain crackers, garlic cheese, some ham, other cheese, a peach.
Snack - Cinnamon raisin SB protein bar
Supper - Appleby's oriental chicken salad (the half-order, no worries) and ate about 3/4 of it with 3/4 of the dressing, with 1 onion ring, and 1 hershey's kiss.
Snack - I'm definitely going to be trying some of my fage yogurt with splenda and/or a peach.

That's that.

You've requested pictures: Soon to come!

3 comments:

Susy said...

Size 8. Good going. Great! Enjoy the sunshine! Have a nice visit and fun shopping. :) Can't wait for pictures.

emily said...

Mmmm soy nuts, they're yummy! I just tried them recently, the Genisoy kind. Delicioso!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to sunny Florida! Except for today - it is supposed to rain (at least in Tampa, not sure where you are)!

Hope you enjoyed the flea markets!

Sounds like you are doing great!