Monday, February 18, 2008

Another update from Florida!

Lissa - I am in Tampa! My grandparent's place is on Treasure Island. It was suppose to be a nasty day today, rain and thundershowers but it's been beautiful since about 10am!

I had a small health scare yesterday. I've had it happen to me a couple of times at home, but it usually goes away quickly and it's no big deal. I woke up with sharp pains about an inch or so above my highest incision, or 5-6" above my belly button. I don't know how to describe them aside from sharp pains which prevented me from taking really deep breaths, and stretching my abdomen too much. It was worse when I stood up but I still felt it when sitting/curling up. Finally about 2pm (nearly 6hrs after the pains started) I decided to go to the hospital to have it checked out...and as I was on the phone with my insurance people, the pain went away completely. I suppose it could have been gas, but I think it was too high up for gas...that's most likely what it was. I'll speak to my doctor about it when I get back home.

I've bought wayyyy too much since getting here and I have no freaking idea where to pack any f it for when it's time to go home. Worst part is - I'm only just getting started on the shopping! Oy..

Anyhoo, off to the pool!

2 comments:

Susy said...

shop away... isn't it fun??? :) I've been looking for that picture. LOL

Anonymous said...

Treasure Island is about 20 minutes from work - where I am now!! I work by Tampa International Airport. That is crazy that you are so close!

Enjoy the weather!!