Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Day 309

I declared today a snow day for myself! The weather has been so awful this winter, I just don't understand where all this snow is coming from! I'm gonna try and take pics soon because the snow on our front lawn goes right up to the leafy part of our big tree! I kept waking up because of the wind and freezing rain so I was in no mood to haul my butt downtown this morning. That's a good excuse, right? I thought so too!
I decided to skip my regular morning protein shake to see if maybe my protein powder is causing the deadly gas I've experienced on and off for like 2 months now. I figured that I may be lactose intolerant and have switched to lactose-free skim milk since. It certainly helped my problem...but it hasn't gone away yet. I thought I was going to die the last night I had a shake with regular skim milk so maybe I'll ask for tests when I see my doctor next. So...no protein shake for the next couple of morning. As yummy as they are, they're actually really calorie packed (260 calories, 2g of fat, 26 carbs, 35g of protein) so cutting them out may even be a good thing.

Breakfast - 3/4 cup Special K 'Satisfaction', 1/2 cup LF skim milk
Lunch - Tomato, feta, onion, green pepper salad with balsamic & olive oil. Along with 1 egg, 1/2tsp spinach pesto, couple of tablespoons of parmesan cheese. Big lunch, yes!
Snack - Probably cantaloupe and berries
Supper - Apparently stir-fry!
Snack - I'll just focus on not eating after 8pm.

I'm gonna bravely plug this stuff into fitday and see what comes out...

No comments: