Saturday, August 23, 2008

Just taking a break from work to update! There's a wedding at the club tonight so it's been hectic. I finally was able to meet a personal trainer last night. His name is Roberto. We had a hard time finding a date that was good for the both of us after weeks of back and fourth e-mails.
We sat down and talked for about 2 hours. I told him everything about my past gym experiences, my surgery, my lack-of-exercise since the surgery, the weight I still wanted to lose, everything. I told him that ultimately, I would love nothing more than to be able to run a 5k. So that is our main objective. He kept telling me that I would hate him once we started our training sessions. He even showed me a couple of the things we'd be doing and I had to laugh at the thought of me even attempting to do some of it. We'll be meeting every Monday night starting September 8th, for an hour, hopefully for 10 weeks or so. If I can make it to the gym that 1 night a week for an intense workout, then 2-3 other days just running, yoga, or pilates. I've been going to this one pilates class Saturday mornings for 3 weeks now and I love it. It's just my pace! And the instructor is always giving us options so everyone kind of adapts the workout to their own level. It's a small class also (we were 9 this morning, the most we've been so far) so there's no intimidation either.
My eating is 100x better on days that I workout too. I feel better, I eat better. I did try a new protein shake this morning - gas problems galore. I wasn't bad-tasting, but for a vanilla protein powder, it didn't taste like much at all. I almost wanted to add splenda to my frozen fruit.

That's just about it :)

No comments: