Sunday, August 24, 2008

Holy Zucchinis!


3 months after moving downtown I finally decided to brave the crowds and head to the farmer's market. Jean-Talon market is located in Montreal's own Little Italy. It is one of the biggest markets of its kind in North America. I had been as a kid a few times but I knew I would have a blast going again. The weather was so beautiful this weekend, perfect produce picking weather!
I got there just before 1 and went around all the booths and made a mental list of what I wanted. The heirloom tomatoes were the size of small melons, and their colours were just out of this world. I walked, I tasted, I bought then had to drag it all back to my place without ripping my canvas bag which was overflowing with goodies.
It was a pain having to clean and store it all away. I got a basketful of heirloom tomatoes, beautiful zucchini, a big crate of roma tomatoes, bunches of berries, onions, and clementines to last me until Thanksgiving.
I am so sore today from yesterday's pilates class. I don't think I'll make it to the gym tomorrow night...I'm suppose to go pottery painting!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I always want to go to the farmers market, but I'm just not a veggie eater, plus I hate cleaning all that stuff! Glad you're working out and glad you're blogging. I miss your blogs...I check daily! :) Hope you have a great week!

morbidly obtuse said...

I love hitting up the farmer's market! Unfortunately they all stop about September 1st around here. I won't go zucchini crazy tell around November or so. (I'll be 10 weeks post-op in time for Thanksgiving. The summer and fall in Germany, downtown were always full of growers. You had to look to find a bad deal!