Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Reviving my blog

I've typed and erased today's entry about 10 times now. I have no excuses for not updating my page. I honestly lost touch with my post-RNY self. I think moving downtown, making new friends, living a whole new life made me lose track of a lot of things.
Last year I gained 19 lbs from my lowest post-op weight. NINTEEN POUNDS. In 9 or so months. I was petrified. I felt horrible, horrible guilt. I don't even know what to say about that except that I'm doing much better and am now 8 or so pounds away from my lowest weight (I've lost 11 since the fall).
I almost completely blocked this blog from my mind until today, when in therapy, I brought it up. My therapist, who I have been seeing since early May, has been asking me to keep a sort of thought diary and I'd been avoiding doing that like the plague. "Getting real" is not easy!

3 comments:

emily said...

Welcome back! This post-op life isn't always fun, I know how you feel. <3

Susy said...

Well looky who it is...I come to your blog often and have thought about you many, many times. I totally understand and I think we have to keep it real and never forget. Face it head on. I agree with Emily- it isn't always fun and it's not easy.

Glad your back! How did your dad do? You were worried about his food styles pre op. Missed ya girl!

Take care of you!

Anonymous said...

You really need to try being a comedian,you do it very well.I got a great chuckle out of your blogs!!!!!!!!