Tuesday, May 8, 2007

1 week post-op: I survived my first birthday!

One week post-op :) The day started off really well, I had a good amount of protein shake this morning and then went to shower. As usual, I felt crappy afterwards...but I think just taking it really easy after is fine. My dad came home from with the a nice big orchid, which I've always wanted really. The surgery was my birthday gift, so this was a nice surprise. I then went to my dad's office, but when I got there, the elevator was broken...I almost went back home because just walking up and down the screen exhausted me...but I didn't...I walked up the stairs. Ouf what a mistake. It was like being in a shower again...I was seeing spots, felt really tired all of the sudden. No more climbing 3 flights of stairs! Once I was home from that, my friends were waiting to take me pottery painting! It was a really cute place...I painted a nice plate for myself while sipping on my new 1L water bottle. Once we were done that I was starving and decided I could have some chicken at this greek restaurant. Well I did fine! I got 1 chicken brochette for $3 with some garlic sauce (made with yogurt). I had 3-4 pieces and start feeling full, so stopped right away and that was that.

It's hard not to drink when I eat just because I'm so scared to get something stuck so I've been sipping after every bite just to make sure it's all gone down. Is that ok?

First post-op WI: 254 lbs...18.8 lbs down since pre-op diet, 13 lbs lost since surgery :)

Anywhoo...I'm 20! Yay!

3 comments:

Amber said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! WOW, TO BE 20 AGAIN! JUST THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO LOOK AND FEEL LIKE FOR YOUR 21ST BIRTHDAY!!! AND THE DRINKING, I STILL DRINK WHEN I EAT. THAT'S JUST ONE HABIT I COULDN'T GIVE UP, NOT SURE WHY, JUST CAN'T DO IT!

Anonymous said...

No You should NOT drink when you eat period. The water will flush your food out faster so that your protein won't be absorbed as well as it should be - as well it helps food flush out faster so that your pouch will be empty faster than it should be (therefore you might feel hungrier sooner). No drinking when eating is a basic pouch rule that MUST be followed. If you are worried about stuff going down, just add a little moisture by adding sauce.

Susy said...

Happy Happy birthday to you! Great news on the pounds gone!