Monday, May 7, 2007

Day 6: WOOHOO

Yay for little bursts of energy! I accomplished a lot today, which is just what I needed I think. First I woke up and had 1/2 a protein shake, once again mixed with soy milk. Then I started on that water. And then the mechanic called because my car (which broke down 4 days before surgery) was ready to be picked up. It had actually been ready since last Thursday, but I wasn't ready to drive yet, for obvious reasons. But today I felt good, my surgeon said I could drive whenever I felt ready, and I did! So I went and did that...then off to pay my driver's license...and then to Wal-Mart. I was asking the pharmacist if there were different types off multi-vitamins I could take because I really hate the one's my surgeon prescribed. Centrum 50+ chewable. Blurgh. And he said I could take 2 Flinstones' vitamins (the ones with iron) as long as I kept taking the other stuff (biotin, iron, calcium, and b12). That works out great!
At the end of this trip I was pooped, and definitely glad I brought along water, amazing how dry my mouth got!

Tomorrow is my 20th birthday also...and we've decided to go pottery painting, which I absolutely love!

Day 6 is going awesome so far :)

3 comments:

Amber said...

If you think what your doctor prescribed was bad wait until you do the Flinstones. Gag! That's what my doctor has me on 2 a day and they taste so gross! Advice, chew fast and guzzle water or suck on them until they dissolve! Glad to hear you're doing good and moving!

Anonymous said...

I love flintstones. As a teenager once, I bought a pack just to eat them like candy! Gee, no wonder I got fat!

Unknown said...

We spent 13 years in the same condo and my kids pretty much grew up there. When we moved in 2003 we found a few hundred Flintstones vitamins behind a china cabinet. I guess my kids didn't like them either.