Tuesday, May 22, 2007

3wks: It's official: My scale hates me

I promised myself that I would never complain about being a slow loser, or hitting some stalls. It's all normal. Well, now I'm complaining.
Screen shot of my cute excel weight loss spreadsheet:
I was 250 .8 last night, how I gained over 2 lbs overnight is beyond me. This is my body saying "DRINK YOUR PROTEIN SHAKES WOMAN!" I just know it!

Work today went really well. I have to say, I've been going to bed super late, and waking up super late so of course I just could not get to sleep last night at all. It was hard to get out of bed so early to shower and get ready. But I made it! Thankfully, it was quiet enough to enable a smooth transition back into normal life. I had my yogurt in the morning, then warmed up my mashed potato/cauliflower concoction but I really wasn't in the mood for it for some reason. I gave that up for a while and drank a lot of water, waited, and had some deli style LF smoked turkey. Then it was finally time to go home, where I had some chicken stir fry. The weather was so beautiful today, I begged my little brother (he's 12) to come take a walk with me. He refused at first...but then came up to me and asked me when we were leaving! We walked everywhere, he took me through these passages in the woods, we walked around the football field, around the movie theater, it took us an hour and a half! I really hope it's something we can stick to until it gets too hot to be outside!
That was my day 21 :)

2 comments:

Susy said...

Ok I'm going to tell you that you need to try to do like Amber and I are "trying" to do, and weigh in once or twice a week. That up down thing was driving me crazy. It's normal to go up and down from day to day. Look @ your weight it's going down and it won't ever be back, it's gone forever! Happy story about you walk too. NICE :) Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Put the scale away.

There are normal fluctuations throughout a day that depend on various things: what you ate (weight of the food) and when you ate, salt retention, time of the month, if you drink your water more at night/day --water has weight.....If you eat more on a specific night or drink more to "make up" for what you missed during the day, you will be heavier the next morning. Weigh yourself only once a week...and take your measurements!!!!!!

My typical pattern which I identified long ago (and so it doesn't upset me) is that I lose, lose, lose at the beginning of the week, then I typically gain, then lose again. NORMAL!