Monday, May 14, 2007

Day 13

Long time no update! I've been doing well, definitely getting some of my energy back. Getting out of the house has been great. I'm slowly getting back to 'normal'. I start work at my dad's office again next Monday, and then my retail job the first week of June. It's much more physically demanding so I'm kinda dreading getting back to that one.
Food-wise I think I've experimented too much in the past couple of days, so no more of that! I had some cheese last night, like I've been doing quite a bit of lately, with no problems. I don't know if I just had too much of it...but I dumped. I asked my surgeon today and apparently cheese is a no for 3 months. Who knew! I really don't enjoy dumping, I had the same reaction with the carnation instant breakfast too. My heart starts pounding, so much that I can see my shirt move...and then the only way to make it 'stop' is making myself throw up. No one likes to throw up. And last night even drinking water hurt. My stomach muscles were not happy! It's better today, I already have 1/2L down.
This morning I had my 2wk post-op follow-up. They took the freakin staples out finally! I was thisclose to taking them out myself. They were itchy and blurgh. Hated them. It didn't hurt that bad either, just those on top, they didn't look 'healed' like they others were. I met with Dr. Christou and he answered the questions I had and I was on my merry way! I gained almost 3lbs this week for some strange reason...probably because I royally suck at protein shakes. I hate all of them. Too sweet, too ick. I gotta start them up though...despite how much I hate them.
I also bumped into a woman who had the lap-band put in on the same day that I was there and she's having a really hard time. Today was the first time she'd been out of the house. She's had horrible acid reflux and they found out today that her port area is badly infected, which happens to 4% of lap-band patients. She's been on antibiotics for it..but if it's not better by Friday they said they'd just to the gastric bypass next Tuesday. I hope it gets better for her, I don't know what I'd do in that situation!

Anywhoo...that's it for now :)

1 comment:

Susy said...

Glad to see your post. I was going to write and say you-who... I read a month ago or so you too have a magic blender. My favorite protein drink is chocolate whey protein (from Wal mart, it’s a dry powder), ice, chocolate Silk soy milk and I add my fiber in that too. I blend it in my magic bullet and it wonderful. You can get the soy milk in regular, vanilla, or chocolate. I am using soy milk because the two times of tried milk I got sick. It’s got 24 grams of protein, plus the protein in the soy milk. I love it. Have not tried the other whey protein flavors but there are others. Try some of those if you have not yet. Glad to hear you don’t go back to work for a couple more weeks. You should be feeling better by then. Good luck! Susy