Sunday, May 20, 2007

Day..umm..18?

Long time no update..again. I'm alive and doing well! The scale finally budged this morning. I was ± 3 lbs all week and getting pretty anxious! I finally hit my lowest weight in over a year 251.8! This also brings my total weight loss since my pre-op to exactly 21 lbs. Very happy about that one. It's funny, I thought my clothes would last me longer...but I'm already down to 1 pair of pants, the rest of it is too big! Good thing it's summer...I have a couple of capri pants that were too small from a couple of years ago...and tops, well, those I have in just about every size imaginable.
Eating is still going well. I guess my stomach is healing nicely because I started feeling full for the first time since surgery this week. I'm also trying really hard not to drink, it's so hard though, I just get so thirsty. I'm still struggling with the protein...I have it every meal, but I probably get 30 or so grams a day, not the 70 a day my surgeon would like. I'm gonna keep introducing it, and adding the unflavoured protein to the stuff I can, it's not easy!
I go back to work on Tuesday and cannot wait to get back into a routine. It's gonna be hard getting dressed every day, and preparing meals the night before, I suck at planning, but it'll be fun to get out of the house.

Aside from that, life is just dandy :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you are okay. I was starting to get worried about you!

Amber said...

Congrats on your loss! I know how that up and down feels, not fun! OK, so what is unflavored protein and where can I get it? Can you put it in water? Reading you blog made me laugh because it read as if I wrote it! My struggles are the same as yours! Drinking while eating and protein!

Susy said...

Cool on the loss of numbers this week. Not good being out of clothes already. As long as you have a good washing machine you'll be good. He he Just keep the washing machine working for ya. Time is flying, wow almost a month already. Glad you blogged!