Thursday, May 3, 2007

I made it home!

I survived my RNY :)
The first day was the worst, I wasn't ready for the gas pain I had with no relief. I had 0 complications other than my oxygen levels dipping a bit when I would go to sleep. I was up and about that night...but I think I may have overdone it a bit because I was sick soon after I sat down. Day 2 was better, I was able to walk a lot more and last night they took my i.v. out and let me take a shower which was a godsend! I felt smelly. I also had some jello and broth yesterday and everything was great. Last night my throat also started bothering me a bit. It still does today, but I can't complain. I haven't had any pain medication since yesterday at 4am.

It feels good so far to be a loser!

3 days post-op

1 comment:

Amber said...

Glad to hear you made it home and everything is OK! Just take it easy and use those drugs if you need them!