Friday, May 4, 2007

My struggles on day 3

Yesterday went very well, the only minor 'problem' I had was at night when I was sipping my protein shake. I drank just about 1/2 a cup and began to feel a bit icky. I stopped immediately, but I did end up with a fever and feeling a bit out of it until I went to bed.
I woke up feeling very bloated and even a bit nauseous. I showered and sat down ready to drink my crystal light. Two ounces later, I began to feel full again, even after sipping it slowly for 2 hours...so I stopped because I didn't want to overdo it. I wasn't nauseous or anything, but I was so full the thought of drinking made me sleepy. I tried sipping on chicken broth at 5pm, but a few sips and I just didn't feel like I could handle it, so I stopped.
So by 7pm, I had had 2oz of water, 0.5oz of broth and was still bloated! It was so strange because I still feel awesome, my energy level sucks, but no pain at all. Even my throat was 90% better. I broke down and asked an OH friend who told me that the bloating was from the leftover gas in my body pressing on my pouch. So I drank a 10oz glass of water (sipped over the course of over an hour) and even was able to get in a few teaspoons of Weight Control oatmeal.
I do feel better now, a bit tired since I've been going to bed so early and waking up so early...it's passed my bed time!

I've lost a total of 10.5lbs since the beginning of my pre-op diet, half of that is since yesterday. I almost fainted when I saw that number. I just hope I made the right decision!

2 comments:

Susy said...

You made the right decision girl. Just be good to your body, and let it heal so it can work for you later. Rest.... :)

Anonymous said...

Gas will give you some trouble for a while. For me, it gave me awful pain in the shoulder and neck and alot of painful hiccups for the first few weeks.

Dawn