Saturday, June 30, 2007

DAY 60

Last night was a rough one. I had lunch at about 1:30, then some soy nuts before leaving work at 5. After work I went to help a friend pack up for a bit since she's moving this weekend...I got home at around 7 and was starving! I warmed up chicken teriyaki leftovers and ate it way too fast. That of course led to the pain, which led to the foamies, which then led to throwing up!
I had a bit of SF pudding later in the evening, but that's pretty much it!
I mentioned yesterday that my family is out of town, so I went this morning and did the healthiest grocery shopping I have ever done in my life. Nothing processed, all really healthy meals I can prepare this week. I've already separated all the meat to freeze the leftovers. I did really good! I usually suck at grocery shopping. I'm really proud of myself :)
I'm also wearing pants I was never able to wear because they were too small. Not only did they fit, but I kept having to pull them up!
I can't wait to play around in the kitchen this week. I really, really love to cook. I actually wanted to go to culinary school a while back. I haven't had the foods or the time to experiment since surgery, so it'll be fun. I found a diabetic cookbook I got when my dad found out he had diabetes. It's called "Healthy Calendar Diabetic Cooking" by Lara Rondinelli & Jennifer Bucko. It has a full YEAR of recipes and grocery lists. All low-carb, low-sugar, low-fat, most are high-protein which is great. I've already marked probably 50 pages of recipes I want to try out.

That's it for now :)

No comments: