Saturday, July 7, 2007

Day 67



I posted some pictures on facebook (because I am a self-diagnosed facebook addict) and I got a message from a saying asking me if I had lost any weight because she said (in her words) I was ****ing hot. Yup. I am ****ing hot :)
Now to answer some questions about my last post...
Atkins granola bars: I got them at Wal-Mart, they were in the pharmacy, by all the other protein bars and shakes. I had had the regular Atkin's bars before, but they were horrible to me. These are really good, I know they have other granola bar flavours...probably at GNC. I will definitely need to check those out this week.
B12: My surgeon prescribes 2 x 250mcg a day, in pill form. Since my surgery, I've had an awful time swallowing pills, which I am sure is mostly in my head, but I just haven't been taking my B12 as I should be. This could explain the lack in energy I've had in recent weeks. It hasn't been too bad, but I know I couldn't do any vigorous exercise feeling the way I do.
I asked my surgeon about the b12 shots and he told me my GP could set me up for them.
B12 deficiency can lead to certain types of anemia...just like iron deficiency does.
So the plan is, I go for bloodwork this week, before starting the injections, and then I have blood work in 2wks, after I've done a week of injections to compare results.
I got 5 viles of the liquid B12 and I'm going to have to go to the clinic every morning for 5 days and get the shots, and once those 5 days are up, I go once a month. I know there are some people (according to what I've read on OH's May 2007 board) that inject themselves once a month, or even once every 3mos. I'm hoping this will take my energy above and beyond what it has ever been...we'll see!
Pictures from my crazy night last night....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do the b-12 strips. They are decent :)