Monday, December 24, 2007

Day 237


I would just like to start by thanking all of the readers of my blog for their enormous support over the past year. It has been quite the roller-coaster ride and I wouldn't have gotten through it without the comments and messages you all have left me! So best holiday wishes to you and yours :)
I have nothing to report so this is pretty much my plan for the next few days. 
The holidays need to be over because I am going a liiiiiittle bit crazy. Yesterday was my mom's birthday and we went out for szechwan. This restaurant we went to is famous for its peanut butter dumplings. Pre-op me + peanut butter dumplings = major love. I tried preparing myself mentally to only have a couple and hope that my family finished the rest. I ended up having 1 veggie spring roll, 4 dumplings (sounds bad, but 2 of them were very small), 1 piece of spare rib, a couple of forkfuls of cashew chicken, some string beans, and a forkful of these not-so-yummy noodles. Could have been worse. Stupid irresistible dumplings. 
This morning I came downstairs to a big box of banana chocolate muffins. I was going to have half for breakfast, with a yogurt...but then I checked the nutritional info box and saw that each muffin had 540 calories. I passed those up and had 1/2 a bagel instead. Lots o carbs? Yes, however, I still should be able to keep under 100g for the day.
Tonight is our big italian feast and that's going to go well because I'm going to stick to the lamb (because we're weird and don't do the seafood thing) and some soup. The desert part will suck, but I'd rather not suffer the consequences, so it should be easier to pass up.
Tomorrow, Christmas day, I'm not worried about either just because I'll be seeing a lot of family I haven't seen since last year, so I'll be spending the night talking about my surgery and stuff. Food won't be the main focus of these holidays like it was in the past. The part that I hate is coming home with leftovers and being bored at home for the days following Christmas. Oy.

So that is a preview of Loser's first Christmas! Once again, thank you all and I wish each one of you the best of holiday wishes! Recap to follow on Wednesday!

xoxoxoxo

No comments: