Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day 273

Good news: The nutritionist from the hospital finally called me this morning
Bad news: She can't meet with me until March 3rd! That seems an eternity away.
I haven't spoken to the psychologist yet but that's just because my cell phone is out of minutes for the month and I'm never home to use the home phone. I need go be evaluated first to see if I can get it covered by medicare.
Eating is still pretty shitty. I'm binging in the evening and this is why I need the help that I do. I really think it's more than a question of keeping busy. It's like I'm relapsing into this sick food addiction I have.
Yesterday I ran out of lactose-free milk and figured I'd mix the rest of it with about 1/2-2/4 cup of regular skim milk for my protein shake. Within half an hour I thought I was going to DIE. Killer gas cramps...the whole deal. Note to self: No more dairy!

Food today:

Breakfast - Protein shake (I need to buy more frozen melon, I'm getting sick of the berries)
Snack/Lunch - 2 clementines, large SF soy latte, Oh Yeah protein wafers (keeping the wafers for when I'm in class tonight)
Supper - Meeting a friend for supper...no idea where!

Without supper, I'm at just over 600 calories, 24g of fat, 67g carbs and 54g protein. I can't wait to meet with the NUT and see what she has to say. Let the countdown begin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm struggling with this too. The further out you get, the closer to goal, the more of a challenge it is to not give in to our sick food addiction. I just bought a few books - on appetite workbook and another on binging. I'll let you know if they are any good.

Susy said...

I too still pick some of the foods I should not eat. I still like sugar (chewy candy) and find I still just can't have them in the house or there not safe. Not the same quanity, but neverless still the same. I think overall you make good choices, and it never hurts to learn even more. Don't be so hard on yourself just be open to learn and change. Be good :)

Amber said...

Just remember you're not alone in that battle. I'm dealing with eating every day now that I'm below goal. It is such a struggle that I never acknowledged when I was over weight. Just don't be too hard on yourself and know that you're not alone.